Monday, November 23, 2009

City scapes

So it's no secret that I'm a "Vaalie" by birth right, growing up in the rat race of the Jozi suburbs. But here's a little tribute to the city that stole my heart one night while I was searching my way down the N2 to meet some new-found friends at the Great Gateway. It was dark and I was running late and wondering how far I still had to go when suddenly, as if from nowhere, millions of lights appeared on the hill and the whole landscape was filled with a bright golden light. Up and down the hills and up again these little lights stretched into non-exisistance... and that was the moment I realized, after just two weeks, I was in love with Durban!


The view from my bedroom window






Pigeons on the Esplanade


North Beach, like everyone knows it



Sunrise on a winter's morning


Sunset and lights an purple skies

I do not know how long this whirlwind romance with the city by the sea will last for, but for now my heart is happy and my days are dreams...
xxx    

No comments:

Post a Comment